Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ham Soup!

Spiral Ham = Ham Soup!

I kind of just made this up, so bare with me.

Ingredients
1 ham bone
leftover ham
3ish Potatoes
Carrots
Rice (I used a Rice Sides packet)
Green Beans

1. Put your left over ham bone into a pot and fill the pot with water until bone is mostly covered with water. Put on heat to boil.
2. Meanwhile start cutting up your potatoes, leftover ham, and carrots. After the water has begun to boil you can add the potatoes and carrots (they take longer to cook). Your rice made need to go in towards the beginning depending on how long it needs to cook. The rice packet I used was Butter & Herb so I didn't really need to add any other seasonings Also, don't forget to add whatever leftover ham you feel like.
3. Feel free to play around with the vegetables you add. Pick and choose your favorites. You can even add some of your favorite beans (kidney, black, etc.). Your main concern is letting your bone boil long enough to really season the water and veggies. Once you've let it boil long enough (I boiled mine for about a half an hour) you can remove the bone and let the soup simmer until you are ready to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment