Sunday, May 8, 2011

Menu for May 9 - 15

So our grocery budget this week and for a few weeks is pretty much non-existent. I know that some people out there have extremely limited funds. I figured that I could use myself as an example and give some good ideas on what to eat for cheap in a week.

During this current week there is a huge sale on pasta at Smith's going on. I'm thinking we are going to have pasta pretty much every day. Here is why.... IT'S FREE!!!

Here is a complete list of what is on sale for the next 2 days at Smith's. If you will notice there are a few pasta options that are listed as FREE. Follow the links it gives next to each and print each of the coupons twice (this is all that you are allowed to print for each). Then make sure you stock up on the pasta ASAP. If they don't have any left at your store make sure to ask for a raincheck and go back and get it before your coupons expire. There is no reason for you to not buy/get this pasta.

Anyway, here is what we are having for our meals this week.

Monday - Spaghetti
I'll be using whatever pasta I have (probably curly or elbow noodles) with some homemade sauce that I have on hand. I've got some hamburger in my freezer that I've been building up a storage of. I'll also be heating up some bottled green beens. We have tons of canned peaches so we will have some of them as a side.

Tuesday - Tuna Fish Casserole
Again, more pasta. I have a lot of tuna around so I'll be using some of that along with some cans of cream of mushroom soup. I might experiment and add a little velveeta that I have on hand. I'll throw in some frozen peas and call it good.

Wednesday - Hot Dogs and Pasta Salad
Pasta salad will be random pasta mixed with some Italian dressing, cheese, olives, water chestnuts, and I'll probably pick up some cherry tomatoes at the store to throw in.

Thursday - Breakfast
We'll most likely have waffles or pancakes along with some eggs. I might pull out the bacon in our freezer for a treat.

Friday - Pizza!
We'll probably end up with Hawaiian. Possibly just cheese. Lately I've been into using Ranch Dressing as my sauce. It means that I don't have to buy tomato paste and I ALWAYS have some in my fridge.

Saturday - NA
We are in a community play that will be having a pot luck this day. I'll probably have some sandwiches for us to eat for lunch, but our dinner will be taken care of. I get to bring treats so I guess technically I could put 'cookies' here or something.

Sunday - Creamy Crock-Pot Chicken
I think I have this recipe up. Pretty much it is NOODLES, soup, chicken, dry Italian dressing, and sour cream.

Anyway, there is a look into what we are eating this week. If things are a little tight at your house take a look at what you already have and get creative. Good luck!

1 comment: