Monday, June 27, 2011

South-Western Pasta Salad

Glenda, bless you forever for sharing this recipe with me! It is DELICIOUS!!!!

Sorry for the lack of a photo. Pasta salad isn’t really photogenic. So I didn’t even try. Just know that is one of the best pasta salads I have EVER had! Try it out. You won’t be sorry!

 

Ingredients:

1 box/bag of Rozini Pasta (the curly noodles)
1 Green Bell Pepper
2 Roma Tomatoes
1 can Black Beans
1 can Kidney Beans
1 can Corn (I used a bag of frozen corn)
1 can Olives
1/2 Red onion (give or take depending on how much you like onion)

Dressing:
2 cups Mayo (Do NOT use Miracle Whip)
2 cups Butter Milk
1 dry packet Hidden Valley Ranch – Fiesta flavor

1. Get your noodles cooking.

2. Meanwhile start washing and cutting your vegetables. Rinse the canned goods. Once your noodles are done put everything together in one pot.

3. In a small mixing bowl measure out your Mayo, then pour in your Buttermilk. Add your Fiesta packet and whip together. Pour over the top of your salad and mix.

 

You should be able to find the Dressing packet in the same area as your other salad dressings. I was not able to find it at either of the Kent’s Marketplaces here. It was at the Ridley’s though. Next time

I’m in Walmart and Smith’s I will check there. It seriously is the best dressing though. The flavor reminds me of Bajio. I ended up adding some celery to mine because my bell pepper tasted bad and I needed some crunch in it. Feel free to add or subtract any ingredients that you feel would make it better. Just think of what you usually have with your Mexican dishes and you won’t be able to go wrong. I think next time I make it I might try adding some grilled chicken.

Anyway, try it out. It is awesome! Don’t bring it to any events that I’ll be at though. I will already be making it! Winking smile

No comments:

Post a Comment