Monday, June 13, 2011

Quesadillas!

One of our favorite quick meals that we like to do is a ‘Deeah’ (as our little boy likes to call it). These have a plethora of options. We throw it together and then nuke it in the microwave for one minute. Here are some of our favorite toppings!

Cheese (obviously)
Lunch Meat (Ham, Turkey, or Chicken)
Ranch Dressing
Crumbled Bacon
Olives

We haven’t played around much past that yet. I can see it happening though. Mix and match to your hearts delight! We like to put a light layer of cheese, add the meat, and then put a little more cheese to help it stick. You can also heat them up in a frying pan to give it a little more crunch (probably more authentic, too).

1 comment:

  1. I always make quesadillas for my kids when I don't feel like cooking. I use a small skillet though, it's just as easy as the microwave but it gives them a little bit of a crunchy outside. Just spray the pan with oil spray (or just use a bit if you don't have the spray) and you can make them just the same. Also, I loved chopped tomatoes in it. It's the perfect way to hide veggies in a delicious meal for the boys!

    ReplyDelete