Thursday, June 16, 2011

Teriyaki Tenderloin

009

A BIG thanks to my wonderful Aunt Nikki for sending me a bunch of her favorite recipes. I’ve been so excited to try them out.

In her email to me she explained that this recipe is amazing with all sorts of meats. She has used it a lot when cooking with deer and elk. Even the family members who are picky eaters when it comes to the game meat loved the taste that this marinade gave it.

One word of advice that Nikki offered was to use Aloha Shoyu Soy sauce. She said it is amazing! I haven’t had a chance to pick any up yet, but I’m planning on it! She said she found some at Winco and online Walmart says that their stores carry it. Anyway, here we go!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Soy Sauce
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
2 Tablespoons Ketchup
1 pork Tenderloin or any other meat of your choice
1 plastic bag or sealed container that can be flipped onto it’s top.

1. Combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, and ketchup together and place in a plastic bag. Then add your meat. Seal the bag and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Flip the bag or container every couple of hours so all of the meat gets marinated very well.

2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place meat in a greased 13x9 glass pan uncovered. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes then let stand for 5.

When cooking Steaks put the meat in a frying pan with the marinade. Cover the pan and let the meat cook. The marinade will start to boil and cook the meat. Cooking time depends on how you like your steaks done and how thick they are. This method will really make your meat tender.

*Side Note: Yes those are Nachos on the plate. When I think Teriyaki it makes me think of jerky, which then makes me think of South-Western cooking. I think they fit together great. I only wish I had remembered to start some rice sooner. It would have at least made meat stand out better in the picture.

1 comment:

  1. Looks amazing. I'm hungry now, haha. Hey, one thing I've noticed when you're taking photos is if you have something dark, use a contrasting colored plate. Then the food stands out! Not that it doesn't already look delicious! :D

    ReplyDelete