Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Pasta Salad Creation

I’ll admit it, I love to experiment with food. I am more brave when I’ll be trying it by myself first, but will subject my hubby to my creations often too. I had a hankerin’ for some pasta salad tonight, but knew I didn’t have everything that I would normally put in it. I decided to poke around my food storage and see what I could come up with.

Ingredients:

1 box pasta (I used a box of Garden Delights)
1 can Olives
1 can mushrooms
1 can water chestnuts (a little crunch!)
1 can chicken
1 tomato
Dash of Olive Oil (probably 1/4-1/3 cup)
Your favorite seasoning to taste

1. Get your water boiling for your pasta. Prepare the pasta according to directions.

2. While noodles are cooking start opening those cans, draining, rinsing, and chopping. I have a manual food processor that worked great in speeding up the process. You can easily have everything chopped before your noodles are done though.

3. Once your noodles are finished toss them with the olive oil. This helps them from getting dry and is also acting as our dressing. Normally I would have just thrown in a little Italian Salad Dressing, but I didn’t have an open bottle in my fridge and didn’t feel like getting one out. That’s why I added my own seasoning. I picked one with a little kick for fun.

4. Throw in all of the chopped stuff and enjoy!

I ate this warm (really good), but it was also be fantastic cold. Do what you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment