Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Chocolate Truffle Cake (mmmmmm…….)

Thank you to my wonderful sister-in-law Laura for sharing this recipe with me. It is truly amazing! LOVE YOU!

Ingredients:

1 Chocolate cake mix
2 small boxes of chocolate pudding mix
5 eggs
1 stick of butter, melted
1 – 16 oz container of sour cream
1 bag of chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Combine cake and pudding mixes and then create a well in the middle of a large bowl. Dump the sour cream, melted butter, and eggs in the well.

Using a large spoon (trust me, your mixer will fry because this is so thick) mix all of the ingredients together. Don’t be alarmed on how thick the batter is. That is normal.

Then pour the entire bag of chocolate chips in and mix it again.

Spray your Bundt pan with some pam and put the batter in it.

Bake 50-55 minutes. Once it is done baking let it cool for 10 minutes and then flip it. This cake does not need any frosting, but some fresh whipped cream or ice cream is yummy! You can eat it right away, but again, I highly suggest waiting a day. I promise it is well worth the wait!

*This is THE BEST cake ever. I am not really a cake fan, but this cake is so delicious that I can’t help but love it! I haven’t tried making it in a Bundt pan yet, but I can say it works great in a spring form pan.

(Sorry to the Whitaker’s for not getting this up when I said I would. I hope you enjoy it!)

1 comment:

  1. hey Kelli, this recipe is a favorite at our house too. But, we usually like to serve it warm and topped with vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel topping. Tastes just like Chili's molten lava cake this way! Yum!

    ReplyDelete