Sunday, September 11, 2011

Chocolate Cake - Redone

I made some cake on Friday to celebrate the weekend finally getting here. I'm not much of a cake person, so that says a lot about how long the week was and how good this cake recipe really is. Here is the original recipe. The only thing I changed was adding peanut butter chips instead of the chocolate chips. It was a good twist. Then came the genius moment.
This morning as I was lovingly gazing at the cake an overwhelming urge to put jam on it sprung up in my mind. I immediately told myself I was crazy. Then I stopped. What about peanut butter and jelly sandwiches? I ran to my fridge.
So there you go. Add jam to the top of your cake. It is heavenly! I luckily had some Homemade Strawberry freezer jam waiting for me. It really was amazing... I may need to go hide the last piece before it disappears.

No comments:

Post a Comment