Sunday, September 11, 2011

Flamingo Chicken


This was inspired by the fact that I didn't have what I wanted to make something else. I noticed I had some Catalina dressing in my cupboard leftover from some bean salad that I never made... So this is what happened. It was an experiment, and it turned out really well. The idea also came from some dutch oven chicken that my dad makes. It turns out pink from the Catalina dressing, thus it is a Flamingo... Yeah, you can laugh if you'd like.

Ingredients:
4 Chicken Breasts
1/2 bottle Catalina Dressing
1 Red Bell Pepper
4 stalks of Celery

1. Cover your chicken in Catalina dressing (enough to coat both sides and a little extra for good measure). Then cook up your chicken.

2. While waiting for your chicken, go ahead and wash/cut up your celery and pepper. Add to your chicken towards the end of the cooking process and let them soften a little. Make sure to check your meat temperature.

We ate this with rice tonight, but will be having it with spaghetti noodles for our lunch tomorrow. Phil thinks next time I should add some water chestnuts. I'm also thinking about trying mine with some pineapple tomorrow (It was good!).

No comments:

Post a Comment