Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Vegetable Spaghetti

When making my weekly menu, I like to plan for one meatless meal. I usually will do 'Breakfast for Dinner' and use eggs as my protein. As I was thinking about this the other day I decided I wanted to try and figure out some more meatless ideas. The first idea that popped into my head was some spaghetti. This was my first attempt. :)

Ingredients:
Noodles
1 bottle of Spaghetti Sauce
Fresh Mushrooms
Broccoli
Carrots
Garlic Seasoning

1. My noodles were already made from another night. That was helpful. When storing noodles make sure you add a little olive oil to help preserve them and make them easier to work with. All I had to do was reheat them in the microwave right before I was ready to eat and stick them on the plate.

2. Put your Spaghetti sauce in a medium saucepan and start warming it on medium heat. Start cutting up your vegetables (hardest first, so in this case, carrots) and add them to your sauce as they are cut. I cut my carrots with my Food Chopper . It made the process pretty quick. My broccoli was cut into small florets. With my mushrooms I took the stems off and sliced them, then cut the mushroom tops in half and sliced the rest of the way. Bite-size pieces work great, but make them thin enough that they cook through quickly.

3. Once everything was cooked to the tenderness I wanted I seasoned the sauce with some Garlic Seasoning from Pampered Chef. Start with a small amount and taste your sauce. You don't want it overpowering your flavors. If more is needed go for it.

4. Pour your sauce over your heated noodles and serve with some Parmesan. Freshly grated is always great, but the other stuff would be okay too.

This would also work great as a side dish along with a serving of meat. It would taste good with ground meat in it also. Lots of options. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment