Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Cranberry-Orange Chicken Salad

October 4 005

Wonderful recipe from “Our Best Bites”!

If you are looking for a great Chicken Salad recipe, or you want something with a nice bright flavor, this is it! The cranberries and orange work wonders together.

This has got to be one of my new favorites! I think I pretty much ate the whole batch. I was nice enough to share a sandwich or two with my sister and husband (they had to taste how wonderful it was), but I ate the left-overs for pretty much every meal until it was gone. Seriously, so good!

Ingredients:
1 lb chicken, marinated (I used italian dressing), grilled and cubed
1 c. celery, chopped
1/3 c. green onions, chopped
Zest of 1 medium orange
1/2 c. Craisins (I may have added more)
1/2 c mayonnaise (make sure to use mayo, Miracle Whip might add a weird zing)
1 tsp mustard
1/2 c. pecans, chopped

1. In a medium bowl, combine chicken, celery, green onions, orange zest, and Craisins.

2. In a separate, smaller bowl, whisk together your mayonnaise and mustard (also any salt and pepper you may want to add). Add to the chicken mixture and toss to fully combine. This salad is best if refrigerated for several hours before serving.

3. just before serving, add the toasted pecans. Serve on a croissant or roll with a crisp leaf of lettuce.

The original recipe also suggests adding 2 Tbs of jellied cranberry sauce along with your mayo and mustard. I didn’t try it, but I’m sure it would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment