Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Amazing Taco Salad Dressing

I had the pleasure of feeding a bunch of men last night. They helped removed some trees so I figured I could at least feed them something other than the 'hotdogs' that were suggested. I decided to try out some Taco Salad on them. I had a recipe for a dressing that I really wanted to try. It passed the test with flying colors. ALL of the guys complimented me on it and my picky eating brother ate 2 helpings of SALAD because of it.

I found the recipe here.
Meatless Taco Salad

Here is what I did.

Ingredients for Dressing
1-1/3 cup of mostly squashed Avocado
1 cup Sour Cream
3 Tbs finely chopped Green Onions
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Chili Powder
Dash of Pepper

Mix all of those together and then set in the fridge so the flavors can mingle.

Our Taco Salad consisted of 1 lb of browned Ground Beef mixed up with the Western Family Taco seasoning packet (prepared as the packet suggests). I added 2 cans of Kidney Beans that had been rinsed thoroughly to the meat and put it in a crock pot to keep it warm while the guys worked.

We had lots of Red Leaf lettuce, cherry tomatoes that were quartered, sliced olives, freshly chopped cilantro, and grated cheese. (Corn Chips optional)

I had some Mexican Rice that I had meant for a side dish, but the guys put it in the salad and it really added to the dish. Very delish!

I just made up this kind.


Anyway, it was a very good dinner. Everyone loved it. I can't wait to eat some leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment